The Bugatti Veyron was designed and developed by German Volkswagen Group and manufactured by Bugatti Automobiles SAS. It was named after a French racing driver named Pierre Veyron who won the 24 hours of Le Mans back in 1939 while racing for the original Bugatti Company.
The Bugatti Veyron is coming out with a redesigned version and hit a speed record of 265.9mph when driven against the wind and 269.8mph with the wind at a racetrack in Ehra-Lessien, Germany. The Bugatti Veyron Super Sport was driven by Pierre- Henri Raphanel and was accepted in the Guinness World Book of Records.
This car appears to be the last of the breed and what Bugatti describes as “the climax of the Veyron series”. It was originally launched in 2005 and after 5 years it has managed to sell around 260 Veyrons and 35 Grand Sports.
Basically the Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport production model comes with the following specifications:
- 1,200 hp with a maximum torque of 1,500 Newton meters and comes with a limited top speed of around 258 mph in order to protect its tires
- Comes with a twin clutch and seven-speed gear box that allows for precision turning, braking and accelerating stability
- Comes with an improved over-all control with a raised main-spring travel, stronger stabilizers and new shock absorbers
- Comes with a new all-carbon fiber structure that provides maximum torsion rigidity which is important in hitting extremely high speeds
- Comes with four enlarged turbochargers and bigger intercoolers that helps boost the power of its 16-cylinder engine
- The skin is made of carbon-fiber composites and body was modified to include expanded and re-shaped front air intakes and a well re-shaped gear
This Super Sport Car will go into a limited production this fall at Molsheim . The future Veyron Super Sport will be powered by the same 8.0 liter W16 quad-turbocharged engine tuned to deliver around 1200 hp. However, the first five cars known as the World Record Edition which have been presold was built with same specs as its production model and comes in a special black exposed carbon and orange finish.